Whirl-a-Feed

I think I may have already introduced this particular piece of farm equipment. But I can't remember exactly, and I doubt I did it justice if I did. So, here we go again.

This:

is a "Whirl-A-Feed".

I like it cause its name makes it sound like a carnival ride, rather than a piece of farm equipment. And no, I didn't name it - its name is right there on the top:



It's hard to see, but trust me, it's there.

What do you do with the Whirl-a-Feed?
Just what it says - you whirl the feed. The feed gets poured into that basin like part at the bottom where it gets whirled around a bit.

Then it shoots up this part:




Which, at the time of usage, should be connected to the similarly sized tube on the side of your silo. This machine shoots it up with such force that it gets to the top of the silo, and spills over into it, thereby filling the silo from the top.

Brilliant.

The only scary part would be this:

It's a Whirl-a-FEED. Not Whirl-a-finger. Try not to be confused on that point.

No comments: