Home Made: Tortillas

This is one thing that I now make from scratch that I think I will never got back from.

Tortillas:


There are a little bit time consuming to cook, but other than that, they are freakishly simple. A couple cups of flour a smidgen of salt, a couple tablespoons of shortening and some water. Roll out, flop onto a frying pan and cook each side of a few minutes. Very easy.

And they are soooo delicious when they are fresh! Its amazing.

I haven't priced it out exactly, but I am pretty confident they are in fact cheaper than store bought. And there's less preservatives and packaging, they taste fresh, store them in the fridge and the last a long time.

They are good for tacos, for sandwiches, for snacking on, and for eating with hummus (more on that subject later :-)

No comments: