Daphne

You probably don't know this about me....but I play the harp.
The reason you probably don't know this about me is because I sort of took a 1+ year break from harping. For no particular reason except that it wasn't a priority for me.

Then when I did want to play - there would be a broken string - which would involve buying a string, waiting for it to arrive, and then figuring out how to re-string it.

Note the broken strings:

Yeah. Well, I paid a lot of money for this instrument, and on top of that, I really do enjoy playing. So, after a year's sabatical, and 2 seperate string order, my beauteous harp has a complete set of strings, and I am going to play again. At least once a week. That's the goal.

Here she is:

Pardon the unmade bed and all that; and the protective case around the base.


Eventually I will post more about how I got started in the world of harping, and all that jazz. But for now, a simple introduction.

Harp, this is my blog. Blog readers, this is my harp. Her name is Daphne. She is a Salvi Daphne 47 extended sounded board pedal harp. She is as fancy as they come in the harp world, unless you wanted it gold plated, which just seems excessive.


No comments: