13 Week Belly Shot

We have been taking week by week belly shots since week 6. But we always manage to take them in the evening when I look super tired and out of it. And we have been taking them with me in a white shirt, against a white background. We may need to re-think that picture taking strategy.

But at 13 weeks we opted for a light pink shirt (only mildly less camouflage than white) and thought it was about time to mark the belly's progress officially.
Ta da.

That is just about 9lbs of baby related growth (though clearly the baby itself is only a minuscule amount of that 9lbs.). My very kind husband assures me that it doesn't look like 9 lbs. For which I am grateful since I was supposed to gain a max of 5 the first trimester. But what can I say? I work really hard to stay at my pre-baby weight, so once baby came, I abandoned my dieting mindset, and poof, the first 5lbs appeared. Fortunately (sort of) those first 5lbs happened before my first official weigh in at the Dr, so he thinks I have gained 4lbs. Which is exactly what I should have.

3 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Your hubby is right; it doesn't look like 9 lbs. In fact, it doesn't really look like anything at all. BUT, now that you're in trimester 2, you're allowed to gain LOTS of weight. :-) Enjoy.

Eliz. K said...

i'm looking for a fb "like" button :-)
you guys are adorable!
happy week 13!

SuperP said...

Yay for baby bump pictures!!!! You are too cute. And congrats again, just in case you would like to hear it again.