Christmas Part 3a: With Mon Amour's Family

Our biggest Christmas Adventure this year was traveling to the midwest with Mon Amour's family to meet Mon Amour's extended family. We drove the whole 16 hours (not in one day, don't worry) with Mon Amour's parents. We left fleeing an east coast blizzard, and returned fleeing a mid west blizzard. (Randomly our last significant road trip was also in the winter...to Canada...and it involved a blizzard. I am resolved that our next road trip will take us south and/or will not take place during winter months)

On the way out we stopped at the John Deere Pavilion Museum thing. Having become farming type people over the past year and a half, it was kind of exciting to see all this farming stuff up close.

It's all huge.


And very highly technical! There were so many buttons and controls in that thing.


They had a tractor driving simulator which I tried. They were trying to show how hard it was to plow a straight line without their swanky GPS driving system. To that end, they made the steering wheel VERY sensitive. I do not doubt the new technology is incredibly helpful, however, I doubt that tracor could turn on a dime with a simple twitch of the steering wheel like the simulator said. In the picture below, I have just gotten started - I haven't had time to swerve all over the field.

Oh, and just for fun, a picture of us. That doesn't happen very often, and this one is not half bad. So here it is.

More on this trip to come...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How are you feeling these days? Hopefully better than I do when I'm pregnant! lol

I posted a coffeecake recipe of your mom's today. :)