Christmas Part 2: With My Family

A couple weeks before Christmas, we visited my parents to celebrate with them.

I have to say I was quite impressed with the amount of festive cheer in the house. Usually my family is a decorate-the-day-before-christmas kind of family. So to make them put up a tree by December 12 was cruel and unusual punishment. But they did it - and with much flare. The house was filled with lights, the tree looked lovely and all the nativity scenes were out. Nice work family!


We opened presents which was an adventure. Mom always comes up with a code for labeling the presents. This year all the presents had numbers on them. We had no idea why. The key lay in the one present for the baby - which had a very small very precise number on it. The number referred to the number of months old that we were. Brilliant!

We also made gingerbread cookies at my request.

I love gingerbread cookies.


Christmas with my family was a lovely way to kick off the Christmas season.

No comments: