Talented Family


My family is pretty talented in general. As evidenced by some of the items I found around Nannie's house while I was there.

I am pretty sure that this was painted by my grandfather. (someone in the know, correct me if I am wrong on that...if its wasn't him, it was some other very close relative)



I know Grandpop made this. Stained Glass was his specialty. Pretty cool, huh?

Dad made this. He is pretty handy with the woodwork.

However, my favorite thing that they (both Dad and Grandpop) make is this:
Its a duck. With rubber feet.

It is supposed to be on the end of a pole, with a little handle - as demonstrated by this penguin (the lesser known, but equally as adorable model)

You push it along the floor and the rubber feet makes the best little waddling sound you would ever like to hear. I LOVE these. My grandfather had a whole little business making them - it was called Duck Works. Dad mass produced them for a time, making them for craft fairs and such. Hands down the best kids push toy ever. (the sound is much less annoying then those plastic popper things that a lot of kids have, and still just as fun)

If any one (*cough*Dad*coughcough*) happens to be reading this that might want to make one for Munchkin, it would be a very welcome present!


3 comments:

Nick Hulse said...

Indeed.

Eliz. K said...

:-D

Thomas said...

The painting was actually done by Nannie's father - so your great-grandfather - John Frank Andrews. I have a feeling Dad would be delighted to put together a duck for Munchkin! Perhaps it will reignite his woodworking genius!