Baby Blanket

Before anyone but Mon Amour and I knew that we were going to have a baby - we went to a craft store to pick out some yarn so that I could crochet the baby a blanket.

Clearly we did not at the time (nor do we yet) know if the baby is a girl or a boy - so we opted for some gender neutral colors. To which we will add some splashes of pink or blue once we find out what he/she is.

Here is what I have so far:


I looked at patterns, but ultimately decided to just make it up as I went along. This makes it quite fun - but circles are not the easiest thing in the world to make up. So the blanket doesn't quite lay flat (due to adding too many stitches one row, and then too few the next, etc). But when is it really going to be laying flat?


3 comments:

Eliz. K said...

This post reminded me of another blog I read:

http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/

The last few posts haven't been as inspiring, but she often posts some beautiful, sweet things :-)

I love your baby posts! Can't wait to read more <3

Eliz. K said...

This post reminded me of another blog I read:

http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/

The last few posts haven't been as inspiring, but she often posts some beautiful, sweet things :-)

I love your baby posts! Can't wait to read more <3

Maura said...

Beautiful! Good work...keep it up....love your baby bump! Hope you are well!