Christmas Part 3c: Family Portraits

Since the main point of the trip was to visit family, there were obviously quite a few family pictures that had to be taken.

Here is the original clan (or some of it). Mon Amour's mom, her dad, and 5 of 9 of her other siblings.




Then there is the next generation. It was hotly contested whether or not I should be in this picture. I was actually the first of this group to obey the imperative to "Gather for a picture" - but then someone kicked me out. Then some one else dragged me in. Then someone else kicked me out again. Then someone forcefully dragged me back in. People were taking pictures the whole time, so who knows what the official verdict was on whether or not I should have been in the picture; but they got it both ways.
Here it is with me in.

Here it is with me out, but with half the cousins wanting me in.

A little bit more of an immediate family picture. In the snow. We are even colder than we look.


This was probably the best one. We are not super smooth at the camera's self timer thing yet. And we had to get the angle and the lighting right. So there were lots of practice pictures.

This one kind of epitomizes our individual emotions about the whole thing. I will let you interpret them for yourself.

and again. I can't help but chuckle when looking at these.

The final product. Mon Amour's parents, me, Mon Amour's Sister, Grandpa, and Mon Amour.
And the stove pipe.
haha.
When no one wants to be in the center of a picture - use whatever inanimate object is available. Though if you use a stove / stove pipe - be sure to watch for hair singeing


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, that is one of the best family photo collections I have ever seen. It epitomizes Norman Rockwell's!