Baby's First French Education

For those of you who don't know, Mon Amour majored in French (and Psychology, but for the purposes of this post, that is not important). So he is proficient (not technically fluent, but good enough) in French. As such, we would love to give our child a jump start in the bilingual department. I am not even going to pretend that we will actually succeed in raising a bilingual child, but we can at least teach them a few phrases and pronunciation things or something. Every little bit helps, right?

Anyway, to that end, we have secured the baby it's first French things:

One French "Baby on Board" thing for the car.

This is actually how I told Mon Amour about Munchkin. I pretty much always get out of bed before Mon Amour. So it was a Sunday morning when I tested. I was pretty sure that it was positive (darn those confusing faint lines) so I decided to just go with it. I stashed the test in the car's glove box when I took Marge out. Then while Mon Amour was distracted, I found this little sign, took it out to the car, and put it on the driver's window.

Then I was really anxious to go to church. Mon Amour didn't understand the rush, so we didn't leave any earlier than we needed to. By the time he got Marge in her crate, I was anxiously sitting in the car. He went over to the driver's side, saw the sign, chuckled and opened the door. Then it hit him. "Really?!?" he asked. "Yes," I said confidently, follow quickly by a less confident "I think so" as I reached for the evidence in the glove box.
Needless to say, I was a little distracted at church that day.

Anyway, on to the next item.



I think this was the first thing we bought for Munchkin after we found out about him/her.
It has really fabulous pictures.




These (and the little sign) we got long before Munchkin existed. We got them from a legitimately French department store, while we were in Europe last year.
There are 7 bibs, with the days of the week on them in French.

2 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

We found out on a Sunday right before church, too! It was sooo hard not to tell anyone; I felt like I was bubbling over the whole time.

Eliz. K said...

so cute!!!