Baby Update

We interrupt our regularly scheduled blogging to give you a quick update on Munchkin.

At our 13 week check up this morning, I got to hear Munchkin's heartbeat - 140 healthy beats per minute.

Hello, healthy baby!
And, Hello, 2nd trimester!

Notes about the 1st trimester:
I am still surprised that I got to be one of those fortunate people with no significant morning sickness.
Maternity pants are a wonderful thing.
Pregnancy is a wonderful excuse for all kinds of lovely things (sleeping in late, eating too much, being picky about what you eat, etc) and I may have abused this excuse.
:-)


Things I am looking forward about the 2nd trimester:

Being able to start blaming at least some of this weight gain on the baby and not just the fact that I have become totally lazy about how much I eat.

Feeling the baby move. I am told (and believe) that it gets annoying round about 30-some-odd weeks, but for now, bring on the annoying kicking. I can't wait!

Finding out if Munchkin is a he or a she.


And now back to our regularly scheduled blogging (which will include more baby details eventually, I promise)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feeling the baby kick is just amazing! You will enjoy it as a constant reassurance that all is well!

Adrian and Meredith said...

Wow. Tadpole's heartbeat was 138 today, and he's nearly born!