The Farm Stay

The other weekend, Mon Amour and I had the opportunity to stay at the main farm house (which is in the process of being transformed into a B&B...or more accurately a "Farm Stay", it's a technical term). We were dog, cat, and cow sitting, so the landlords figured we may as well house sit too. We agreed, mostly since we were pretty sure their house had heat that worked, and I was pretty tired of being perpetually cold.

So we packed our bags (yes, it was only overnight, it was a brief walk from our house, but we packed multiple bags. We even considered driving up. Ultimately, we did managed to walk there)

I didn't ever get to see the house pre-the massive transformation. But I understand the house is pretty much unrecognizable at this point. I cannot confirm that. But I can tell you the house i GORGEOUS. Here are just a few highlights:


Sweet kitchen - looking out into the family room. The combination of dark wood and white cabinets, as well as 2 different marble counter tops confuses me....but somehow it works I suppose.

This is a pretty sweet feature - it is a huge gas stove, with lots of burners, and lots of different settings for everything. I don't usually like gas stoves, but if I could have one like this, I would not complain.

Here is the breakfast bar, looking from the family room into the kitchen.

The room where we stayed - aka - the Pasture View Room. There are two other rooms in the B&B, ours was biggest of the 3. It was complete with chocolates on the pillows!

Proof that we were there!

And a random picture of the "servants stairs". They are ridiculously steep. Yikes.


We had a positively fabulous time. It was proof that you don't have to go very far (we went less than a 1/4 mile) to disconnect and relax. It was beautiful.

But....I have yet to show you the best part of the house....more on that soon.

1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

I love that red wall looking into the kitchen!