The Aroma of Spring

It doesn't quite feel like spring yet. I believe Wednesday's forecast is for a high of 47 (brrrr).
But it is starting to look, and smell like spring.

There is the beautiful smell of spring flowers...

...the refreshing mist of a brisk early morning...

....the freshness of newly mowed grass...



...and of course....








...the ever present smell of freshly spread manure.

They were doing lots of spreading last week. When they first started (right in front of my house) I tried to convince myself that it was just plain old mud, or perhaps just really dirty water.
But, as they sun got higher, and the air got a little warmer, and the wind began to blow across the field towards my house....there was no more fooling myself.

It is definitely manure.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I love spring!