Beaver Hunt

We are told their is a family of beavers that lives around here, however, we have never seen evidence of this; and now that we are approaching one year here, Marge and I decided it was time to go find this beaver family.

Obviously the beavers don't live in the fields, so we had to head to the patch of woods where there is supposed to be a large stream/tiny river of sorts.

First we walked this way.

Then we turned left to go this way.
Marge was sniffing the whole way.
Eventually, when we were about yay far away from the house (our house is the little lump to the left of the silos)

We found them! Or at least we found their house.

We waited around to see if any actual beavers wanted to make an appearance. But nobody showed.

We will have to go beaver hunting again. Maybe next time I won't take my camera; cool things are more likely to happen when I am not prepared to document.




Eventually, Marge and I gave up the hunt and walked back.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

HI! Thanks for stopping by =)
My husband is a full time grad student/part time worker, and so I can totally relate!!!
It's rough going through this "phase" isn't it??
I get so wrapped up in when it will be finished, and I am trying SO hard to be better about accepting and ENJOYING where we are right now!!!!

Thomas said...

What a blessing to live on such an amazing farm!!!