Fields of Flowers

There are a few of these around our little farm house.

Grape Hyacinths, I think they are called.


The are mostly in the flower beds. But we do a have a few that have managed to escape into the yard. It is not really a problem so much as it is cute.


But this goes waaaay beyond cute, into the realm of down right lovely:

In the far field, there is a vast expanse of these flowers.
I drive past them on the way to and from work. But, of course, never have my camera with me and so I don't have any close up pictures of them. And it is a long walk to get all the way over there. I think about making the trek almost every day, but of course, lazy-ness takes over and I never make it that far.

To give you a sense of the distance - the picture above was taking using our camera's fabulous 20x optical zoom. Here is a picture from the same spot, without any zoom.
The flowers are back by that tree line.

Yay for a fabulous zoom capabilities and fields of flowers.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love hyacinths - they smell so beautifully!