"Tag Sale"

Surprisingly enough, we did 2 fun things in one weekend. In addition to the graduation brunch of yesterday's post, we also volunteered at Mon Amour's organization's Tag Sale Fundraiser. It's like a yard sale...only its in a parking lot, so we can't call it a "yard" sale, and parking-lot-sale just sounds lame.

We got their early, but not as early as some others. Apparently set up started at about 5:30am. Yikes!

There was lots of stuff to be set up.

There were also these paper mache piggy bags, made by the kids or participate in activities at Mon Amour's organization. They were for collecting donations. I thought they were cute....but this one little old lady that I talked to was VERY upset that someone would waste their time making them. I saw her eyeing them with what I thought was a "aww isn't that cute" face, but when I went to introduce the pigs to her, she was like "Why, in the world, would anyone waste their time making crap like this? There are so many better things to do with your time". She walked off in disgust before I was able to tell her they were made by 3 and 4 year olds who really don't have anything better to do with their time.

Sorry for the shadows in this picture, but this is the tent where I was stationed all morning. At the begining of the day someone asked me if I wanted to be the "banker". I said no. And I meant it. But they said "You should be the banker" and they meant it too....they handed me a wad of cash, and I became the banker. This usually happens to me when I play board games....it had never happened in real life...until this past Saturday.

This fella sold. He wasn't tagged. So someone asked me how much he cost. I said, "A dollar". That was the going rate for me when things weren't tagged. Just call me the Dollar Tree.

After working so hard selling stuff for a dollar, and amassing a huge wad of cash in my hoodie pocket, I surrendered my banking duties, and we celebrated a job well done with one of these:

It (the one in the front) is called a "Frozen Hot Chocolate" It was delicious! It's like the iced coffee of folks who don't like coffee.

No comments: