Chicken Parmesan (sort of)

Recently I have taken to prepping a lot of meals, at least part way, in the morning before I start work. This way I can indulge in after-work-exhaustion without slacking on the yummy-ness of dinner.

Most of the time when I prep in the morning, I have a plan.
But, the other day, not so much.
In the morning, I boiled some bone-in chicken breasts. I figured there were a multitude of things that I could do with the cooked chicken pieces that would make for a good dinner.

But as the day wore on, those cooked and cut up chicken pieces began to haunt me. Everything I knew to do with them (Chicken Pot Pie, Ham and Chicken Bake, etc) I either didn't have the right ingredients for, or just didn't feel like making. But I HAD to use them; seeing as how I didn't have a Plan A, I definitely didn't have a Plan B.

As 5:00 got closer and closer, I began to despair, and I thought to myself, "I think I will just make pasta and sauce". But that was all it took! Pasta, Sauce, Chicken, Homemade Croutons makes for....


Somewhat improvised Chicken Parmesan!

It looks a little different, but all the appropriate pieces are there.
It also tastes a little different than official Chicken Parmesan, but all in all, quite a yummy taste.



1 comment:

Rhonda Renee said...

Emily,
Believe it or not, I think about you often and wonder how you've been. Thanks for finding me. Marge is ADORABLE! I look forward to looking at more of your blog and finding out what you've been up to.