Two ways to garden

I have recently learned, that there are two ways to garden.

There is the traditional, hard work, shovel method which is used by most every-day kind of vegetable gardeners.

In this method, you spend a couple hours, working incredibly hard, developing a few minor blisters, and ultimately you have turned over a tiny patch of still clumpy dirt.



Or, the new method which have just learned, is the Legitimate Farming Method. In which the farmer backs a huge tractor up next to your house, lowers his massive tiller-tractor-attachment, and in less than 30 seconds, and without breaking a sweat, you have this:



A beautiful, decent sized patch of fresh turned up dirt, ready for planting vegetables in.
Yay!


Sorry for the absence of a picture of the tractor....seeing as how there were real farmers around (i.e the one driving the tractor, and his wife who was supervising the operation) I didn't really want to reveal my true city-girl-tourist-in-awe-of-farm-ways nature by running inside and grabbing my camera. That would have been embarrassing. And besides, there wasn't time, it all happened so fast.

In summary, I highly recommend using the Legitimate Farming Method whenever possible.

If only I had been allowed to use the Legitimate Farming Method for my other yard work, like pruning and mulching...
but more on that later.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

Very Good!...I'm glad you used the tractor method!!