Bert and Ernie and the baby bird

Marge and I went for our normal evening walk today - up and down the driveway. There is usually nothing new to see on this walk, so I rarely bring the camera. Today, however, we got as far as the silos before I hurried back and grabbed the camera. This is why:


There are some new critters on the farm, as officially welcomed by this here welcome sign which is hung on the pen by the silos.



This...
I don't know which one is which yet.
They are cute little fellas though.
They are clearly adopted - their tags are different than the ones our farm uses to tag baby cows, and they are in a pen all to themselves. And they are special - they have names. Other than Molly, none of the other cows in the herd have a name.


They are quite skiddish.

And amazingly adorable. Sooooo cute!
I don't know why they are here....but I suspect they will be here for a while (since they have names and everything)




In other baby-farm-animal-news....I found this little guy on the farm today too.


He is not as cute as Bert and Ernie, but definitely a baby. He couldn't quite fly - though he tried really hard. He did manage to make a TON of noise though. Yikes! He wouldnt stop squawking. I think he was talking to his mom - cause some other, unseen bird was also squawking. He was a smart cookie though - when I got too close he immediately ran for the corn field. Its impossible to find anything in that cornfield, and he knew it. So there he hid. Hopefully he figured out how to fly and is now safely exploring the farm from the sky.


No comments: