Newbie?

There are many things that happen on the farm that I don't understand. I try and just go with it and not question too much.

But yesterday afternoon when I walked out of my house to see this:




I could not help but be very confused, and somewhat skeptical.
Lots of questions could be asked of this situation, such as:
  • Why did we buy square hay bales, when we just recently baled up our own round ones?
  • Why did they move the dumpsters, in order to make room for this hay? Is there not enough other space?
  • Etc
But perhaps the most perplexing question is:
  • Was this a farmer-in-training failure, or did they mean to stack it this way? (note that I am using the term "stack" in the loosest sense of the word)


Perhaps it dropped off by a helicopter - so it just kind of fell from the sky. That might explain the messy-ness.
Perhaps they were intending to make some kind of weird hay sculpture with a deeper, artistic, meaning.
Perhaps, there is some real, legit, farming reason that you would stack your hay this way. I wouldn't know.
Or, perhaps there is a Newbie Farm Hand on staff who just couldn't quite figure out the complicated science of hay bale stacking.

Who knows. If I ever get to the bottom of this mess, I will fill you in.


1 comment:

Beth Anne said...

lol - that is quite an interesting stack of hay!