Europe Trip Part 5: Graduation

And then of course - there is our reason for visiting Lugano.

Little Sister's graduation!


The ceremony was lovely - there was perhaps a little too much pomp and circumstance for my taste (and Mon Amour and I were frightfully underdressed) but, I thought it was lovely nonetheless.

At the rehearsal apparently they rehsearsed this shake-take-turn-and-smile technique to death.
Little Sister did it brilliantly.
After the ceremony, there was some admiring of the degree.
Our family party was joined at graduation by a friend of a friend, who lives in Switerland and who (along with her husband and 2 adorable little boys) became Miriam's home away from home.

During the reception I followed Miriam around like her paparazzi and whenever she looked like she knew someone, I started taking pictures. We saw lots of fun people. Including her thesis adviser who was very nice!


As well as they professor of English whose class she audited because no Franklin College education is complete with out experiencing this professor. There is no way to put him into words. Describing him as the nicest, most absent minded, most effeminate-with-a-mustache man you have ever met just doesn't due it justice.


Oh, and how could I forget. The reception had a hosted bar, because we were in Switzerland, even little brother could partake.

And yes mom approved. And no, both glasses are not his.


There were many more fun things in Lugano - but for the sake of you, the reader, I shall move on before I lose your attention. Next stop - Grenoble!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Amazing summation of a wonderful event. Were there pictures of you and Jacob?

Sarah said...

I am so enjoying all the Europe posts! It looks like you had a wonderful trip!!!