Europe Vacation Part 10: Hiccup

We interupt these jovial vacation tales to bring you a brief, non jovial vacation tale.

The short version goes like this - I booked our hotel in Milan for the wrong days (silly Europeans like to start their weeks with Mondays instead of Sundays. Who does this, seriously/!?)
So, while still in Grenoble, we had to rearrange this little problem.
This little problem led to a larger problem, namely that our international phone card was not functioning.
That led to many many many failed phone calls to customer service.
Which made me feel really terrible - I am an event planner, how could I botched something like this. You always check your paper work repeatedly before heading out to an event! Always.

Mon Amour was lovely and didn't blame me at all.
He just kept making calls...when he finally got it to work and we got out reservation switched to the proper dates.

But, I have to say, this is not the first time that I have been ridiculously anxious about a situation surround Milan, and it is also not the first time that I have said that I will never go back to Milan. Hopefully I mean it this time.

And yes, I realize this situation was not Milan's "fault" - there are other reasons for not going to Milan too. Lots of them. Don't go there. There are lots nicer places in Europe you should see first.

No comments: