Weeds

Before leaving for vacation, I knew that I would need to prep the garden so that it would not completely go to waster while I was away (weeds grow ridiculously fast around these parts).

So the weekend before we left, I recruited the help of a friend, and we pulled up a lot of weeds.

My friend was a very enthusiastic weed puller. She was hugely helpful!

When all was said and done, the garden looked fabulous.

No weeds, a few cute lettuce sprouts, the beginnings of some sunflower plants, and even some mulch around the most troublesome edges. Beautiful.


We came home to this:

This kind of garden prompts questions like "Why are you growing sunflowers and lettuce in the middle of your lawn?"
Good question.
The simple answer: a vacation, pure laziness and some very hardy grass/lettuce/sunflowers.

I have weeded since we got back, but I fear there is much more work to be done if I actually want to harvest anything significant this year.

No comments: