Blog-Dead

Blog dead...its like brain dead. It when you can't manage to conjure up anything to blog about. Nothing, nada, you just draw a blank. I guess it hasn't actually been that long since I last posted....but I wrote that post a long time before it actually posted. So, if I haven't actually written a blog post in a while.

The recent lack of blogging is sort of brought to you by a serious shortage of blog worthy life happenings. Just this evening, as I tried to get out of my blog-dead state of mind I thought "well, what shall I blog about...doing laundry....seriously, I haven't even done that recently"

Then it hit me - the fact that I have not done laundry in a long time but am finally doing it, makes laundry a news item. On top of that I have a really sweet washer and dryer, which makes it doubly blog-worthy. All I needed was some pictures, and I could break free from my Blog-Dead state!

So here it goes.

This is my laundry room.It is also my entryway. It has a concrete floor - good for laundry rooms, bad for welcoming guests. Oh well.
At first glance they seem pretty normal. It's a washer, and a dryer. Nothing fancy.


Then you look more closely.

"Heavy Duty" and "Super Capacity"
Those are good words for a washer.


It doesn't look much bigger than your average washer.
But having come from a much smaller washer, the first time I did laundry in this new machine....I was blown away. You can fit a ton of clothes in this washer. Seriously, it fits a lot of clothes.


With a almost-literal ton-of-clothes in the washer, you then begin to think to yourself: "Self, how will I ever dry all these clothes?

So you look at the dryer



mmmmhhmmmm
"Heavy Duty" "Extra Large Capacity"

Don't ask me why they use different terminology on the dryer, cause I have no idea. But I do know that you can fit the entire ton of clothes you just washed into one dryer load.

It's a beautiful thing.

It makes the ongoing task of laundry just that much more bearable.

When I return to normal sized laundry appliances, I suspect I will be in the depths of house-work-despair for some time.

Until then, I love my industrial size laundry machines.





No comments: