Berries

This weekend I got to hang out with a friend from college. Together we had a number of grand adventures. One of which was picking berries. We went to a local u-pick farm and picked all kinds of yummy things.

Blueberries.

Red Raspberries

Black raspberries.

With all those berries (almost 10 pounds of them) we had to do something with them. First, we made pie. It was mostly blueberry pie, but officially triple-berry-yumminess.

We also froze lots. Frozen berries make for yummy smoothies and muffins later. Yum yum yum.

Some we also saved to snack on fresh. Berries galore.

It was a lot of fun! Next week they hope to have peaches ready for picking....and eventually maybe some strawberries (they had one batch, but the rain knocked that batch out quickly).

4 comments:

Beth Anne said...

oh my goodness raspberry heaven - I am really going to have to try and make it Friday now!!

Sarah said...

Mmmm...I can almost taste the pie! I can't wait to go and pick some peaches soon. I love fresh peaches.

Eliz. K said...

mmm, the pie looks amazing! mom ordered blueberries, and she ordered some for us as well! I can't wait! :-)

do you have plans for the peaches?

and do you can things? Chris' mom just made some amazing raspberry and black raspberry jam! my experience is mostly apple-related, but peaches seem like they would be fun to have around for later, hmm

happy tuesday!

Maura said...

Where did you go? I love berries!!! What fun!