Midwest 2011: Tasty Vacation

As with any good family vacation, a lot of eating happened on this trip.

Papillon was no exception. She wooed many a waitress on this trip and chowed down like a champion.

True to form, when vacating with Mon Amour's parents, we tried out the local microbrewery. I am pleased to report that both the food and the beer at this location were fabulous! My favorite was the blueberry beer which I had along with an Indian inspired chicken sandwich. Delicious!
I have to confess that I ate with reckless abandon on this trip. Shortly before we left, I reached my pre-pregnancy weight (hooray!!). But I am a few pounds off of that now and I can't blame it on the baby...this was all vacation poundage.

Oh well. It was delicious.


Some of the delicious-ness came in the form of this rootbeer float:
which we got in Kansas at an old-school pharmacy with sandwich bar. It was super-cheap ($2 I think) and the place was kind of blah. But it was definitely the best $2 float I have ever had. And Mon Amour had them make him a "Whip" (milk shake with soda rather than milk) out of Dr Pepper and Strawberry. Before you feel sickish just thinking about it, know that it was much tastier than it sounds.


Possibly my favorite tasty moment, however was this:

Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream Soda Float.
Amazing.
You can't get these in very many places. They take talent to make. I used to make them for myself and never had one I liked as much as the ones I made myself. This one though, took the prize. Best Vanilla Soda Ever. No Doubt. I would have flown to Michigan just for this soda.

The place where we got this soda was pretty sweet in general. They had fun toys and games that you could play while you enjoyed your food. Papillon and Grandma played with the abacus. Good times. Apparently the president ate here on his trip to Upper Peninsula Michigan. He has good tastes in ice cream shops.

2 comments:

Ten Page said...

There's no such thing as calories when you are on vacation! (or on your birthday.....) Glad you had a lovely trip with tasty food!

Beth Anne said...

Now I really want a milkshake...and a float...and blueberry beer!