Barn Cats

I want to preface this post with the statement that I am NOT a cat person.
By the end of this post, you won't believe me.
Heavens, I probably won't even believe myself.

But for now, just know, I am not, and never have been, a cat person.


That being said, the other day, Marge and I went for a walk and decided to stop in and take a peek at the cats. I have never done too much more than take a very quick peek, mostly because Marge can't make up her mind if she is terrified of them or wants to eat them. But this time, I crouched down and near the cats to see what would happen. Would you believe it - they all came towards me purring and wanting to be petted!

My heart melted.

Marge freaked out.

She was petrified. Obviously feared for her life.

So I took her back to the house, grabbed the camera, and headed back out to get better acquainted with the barn cats.


Upon my return, I found them waiting for me.


And as soon as I got down on their level - they came out to be petted!
(This one is my favorite)

Oddly enough, the 2 really old cats were the most friendly.

I have seen the older ones a lot around the farm. But they always looked really crabby and aloof. I was greatly mistaken.


My favorite one again. Wanting its belly rubbed.
I seriously didn't have enough hands to go around.

The old one, looking affectionate again.

My favorite one, eating my shoe.

The old white cat is on the right. The one on the left is the explorer, he wanders all over the farm.

It was difficult to get a picture of all of them at once. But this is everybody. The two older ones on the right. The three babies in the middle. And the explorer(who seems to be an adult, but not 'old').

I stayed for quite some time, and they never got tired of being petted.
They were adorable, and incredibly sweet.
I was/am a little tempted to set a little food outside our door and see if we can lure one down to live near us. Though, the Explorer would probably be the first to come, and he is my least favorite. Oh well.

Which is your favorite?

And I feel like I should name them (though, the landlady may have already named them, who knows. Perhaps I will name them anyway). What should I name them?

2 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Hehe I am not a "cat person" either. Believe me? I didn't think so. Lovey cats can turn anyone into a "cat person". They make you feel so loved and needed. :-)

Sarah said...

What adventures you have at your farm! I like the same one you did. I'm also not a cat person, but I'm not really a pet person. I like them when they are at other people's homes. :)