Project Beginings: Washing the Cars

This is the smallest of the house projects that I undertook this week. Our poor cars have needed cleaning for months - and we are too cheap to go to a car wash, which is fine; but until recently, we were also too cheap to buy a hose (yes, sorry, we are cheap to a fault).

This weekend though - we decided to "splurge".

So we bought this $9 (ish) hose:
Buying a hose, I found, is one of those silly purchases, that has the inexplicable ability to make you feel grown up.
'We own a garden hose. People will probably take us seriously now'
Or something like that. I don't really know why - but if you weren't grown up, and living 'on your own' in the 'real world', would you really buy a hose? No. Enough said.

Anyway - when Mon Amour and I got home from our shopping excursion, my plan was to tackle this car-washing project immediately. Our water hook up (read: antique water pump, which is quite rusty, but functional) is in the back yard, and I joked, "Since we live on a farm and people "off road it" around here all the time, we should just pull our car into the back yard, so that it is closer to the pump. Haha". I was joking, until...

I tried to wash the car, and discovered that a mere 50ft hose is not long enough to get from the pump to our drive way. So, out came the keys, and up into the yard went the car.


I did wash one of the cars - so I guess this is sort of a completed project....but not really. Cause for one thing, there is a second car still to be washed, and for another thing, we were too cheap to buy actual car-soap, and all purpose cleaner applied with a dish rag is, apparently, not the best for cleaning a car.

So, in summary, 50% of our cars are about 50% clean. Meaning I am 25% done with this project.


No comments: