Cows in the Backyard

I ruined the plot of this post in the title, didn't I?
Oh well, its still a good story.

This past Friday, I had just signed off of work, and Marge and I were headed out for our evening walk. I opened our door - Marge dashed out as she always does, but then she looked to her right...and froze. Something had caught her eye.

She actually does this a lot (usually at night when I can't see what she thinks she sees...its rather freaky). So I jokingly said "What do you see, Marge? A leaf? A pile of snow?". Then I, too, looked to the right...this time, Marge was not faking.

There were 3 cows in our back yard!

In actuality, they are not that much closer to the house than they normally are. The significant difference is simply that they are on my side of the fence

Though, they were awfully close to the house.

This was right outside the bedroom window.



This was one of them walking towards the front door. I rushed to greet him (with the camera) but when I opened the door, he ran away)


They were all rubbing there heads against our water pump, and one of them managed to turn it on.


So they all gathered round and drank from it.
The "string" coming from the cow on the left's mouth - is drool, or slobber, or whatever you want to call it. Tis gross.




True to form, I promptly called my landlady.
Also true to form, she asked "Are they big cows, or little cows?"
"Mid sized cows" I said confidently.
"Hmm. ok. I am miles away. I will call someone though".
"Ok"


No one ever came. The cows hung out for a while. Then walked around the perimeter of the fenced in field. I suppose eventually they went back in whatever hole in the fence they came out of, but apparently I should not be too concerned when "midsized" cows escape. It is only the "big cows" that you have to be worried about.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! only the big cows :-)

Adrian and Meredith said...

Hehe that's awesome. The only scary part is that the hole in the fence is probably still there.