Peeps Jousting

After a week long blogging absence, I have a lot of random stuff to blog about...and no idea where to begin.

Just for fun - let's start with the most random thing: Peeps Jousting

We were at my parent's house last weekend for my mom's birthday (a story for a separate post) and in light of Easter being fast approaching, there were some Peeps included as part of dessert. My little brother promptly claimed 2 of them for some after-dinner "jousting". When he found out that I didn't know what Peeps Jousting was, he became more than a little excited to educated me.

For those, like me, who didn't know, this is peeps jousting:



First, you give them lances....

...then you send them to the battle ground...

...and let the games begin!

They go round....

...and round...

...and round....getting bigger and bigger all the time ...until you fear for the safety of your microwave

at which time you open the door, assess the damage, and declare a winner!
Clearly the one of the left took a severe beating.


You would be amazed how fun this is in person.
We were cracking up. It probably helped that we were all on sugar-highs from the cake, icecream, cheesecake and peeps we had just consumed. But, still, I recommend Peeps Jousting at least once in you life. It is, after all, our state sport (at least the jousting part is...maybe not the Peeps part)

Note: Normal Marshmallows take like 10 seconds to explode in the microwave....our peeps were going at it for probably a solid 2 minutes! Who knows why. But it was a much longer battle than I anticipated.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I was introduced to peep jousting in the fall, and they do sell peeps for all holidays, so we bought some ghost and pumpkin peeps and attempted this... real peeps are much more exciting! :-)

Beth Anne said...

that is amazing!

Unknown said...

I found that fairly amusing hehe x.