Project Beginings: Summer Garden

What is the point of living on a farm, if you don't partake in some kind of agricultural endeavor.

To that end, Mon Amour and I purchased a bunch of different kinds of seeds.They were 20 cents a packet. Yay!
They also had some packets that were $1.50 a packet...do you think our seeds will grow less cause we didn't spend that extra $1.30 on them? We shall find out.

Now we just need to get official approval to actually dig up our backyard....since we are actually still renting.


Until then, I have a few things started in doors at this point.
This is some thyme, or oregano, I forget which. We will find out I suppose.



This picture is a couple weeks old - I recently moved this one to a bigger pot.

I also did plant a bunch of the seeds that said that they could be started in doors. Before you know it I should have cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, watermelons, and all kinds of herbs ready for harvest! Assuming of course I am actually permitted to move all these plants outside....


I have not even begun to dig yet, so I suppose this project is only about 5% done...I am pretty excited about it though.

Oh, just as a random tidbit, we made a conscious decision NOT to purchase/plant any corn or zucchini. Corn - for obvious reasons, they will soon plant about a million acres of all around our house. Zucchini - my land lady grows this, and, yes, the rumors are true - by then end of the summer we will all be wondering what in the world to do with all the zucchini!

4 comments:

Adrian and Meredith said...

Okay, first of all, WHERE did you get seeds for 20 cents?! The best I could find were the $1.50 ones, and that was for annual flowers! The vegetables were more!

Secondly, I'm so excited to see your little garden. Can I garden vicariously through it while I'm waiting for my container tomatoes to sprout?

InDeeds said...

20 cent seeds available at Walmart - on the end of an aisle. They have another end of aisle which is for "organic" seeds - those are pricey. Then they have a whole aisle of all kinds of seeds - also pricey. But, on a less-prominent end of aisle they have their cheap-o seeds.

Sarah said...

What fun! I so wish I could have a garden! Maybe someday we will have a real yard. :)

We miss you guys already!

Have a wonderful week. :)

Beth Anne said...

I have indeed missed your posting this week :-)