Project Beginings: Painting the Bedrooms

Yesterday's post was too wordy for my taste. I will try and keep this one short.

Because of the ugly and disappointing results (that ultimately ended an a eucatastrophe) of the last time I opened a can of our free paint, I decided to go ahead and open the rest, just to see what was workable and what wasn't.

There was one other can of paint that was mostly dried solid. But that is ok, it was a weird color to begin with.

The other 5 cans were just fine though - yay!


There were 2 half-cans of white - those will come in handy some day, I am sure.

There was also a weird mauve color. If any one finds themselves painting a tiny (half paint can sized) nursing home on a minimal budget - we have the paint for you!!!


But, the most exciting ones were the other two............








Ta da!


Two completely full cans of fantastically beautiful paint.
The peach at the top will be for the master bedroom.
The yellow at the bottom will be for the spare bedroom/office.

Both these colors will probably be for "accent walls". In other words, I don't think that I am brave enough to do an ENTIRE room in that yellow. But, once again, these colors were pretty much exactly what we were looking for for these two rooms.

This project is hardly begun. Both bedrooms have wood paneling at this point - so we will need special primer for that. And I haven't taped in or anything. But, as you can see, I did open the paint to make sure it was usable - so I would consider this project 2% done.



2 comments:

Beth Anne said...

yay - eucatastrophe!

Courtney Pilling said...

I had an Emily moment today. On my way home from work, I stopped at the store to pick up a loaf of french bread from the bakery for dinner. Original price $1.89, on sale for $0.99. I paid with change... and walked out of the store spending under a dollar, for a whole loaf of fresh bread. Success for the day!